Please read below for Yom Kippur details.
- Click HERE for the official Yom Kippur service schedule
- To follow along with the service, click HERE for the page numbers in your Silverman Machzor
- To watch our LIVESTREAM broadcasts, please click either of the livestream players below.
LIVESTREAM PLAYER 1 (TRADITIONAL SERVICES – SANCTUARY) for YOM KIPPUR & NEILAH
Our clergy team is leading our ONE Kol Nidre and Neilah service and the traditional Yom Kippur service in the Main Sanctuary.
Click HERE for our seating map.
Michael Ferman will be leading Yom Kippur Young Family services in the Tobias/Granovsky Halls on Monday morning starting at 10:00 am. This will include Yizkor.
Our Medical Advisory Committee has been working very closely with our High Holiday Committee to provide expert guidance with respect to COVID-19.
We have created a series of COVID-19 protocols to promote members’ safety while inside the shul including:
- Contact Tracing: All attendees must have signed in online in advance.
- COVID screening at the door
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the shul
- Directional signage to and from the sanctuary and Tobias/Granovsky.
- Mandate to wear masks appropriately at all times while on site with no exceptions
- Restricted usage of, and constant cleaning of, bathrooms upstairs and downstairs
- Socially distant line-ups at the door and in all seating areas.
- No sharing of head coverings, Tallit or Machzors
- Singing: This year, we will ask our attending members to hum vs sing.
- Distinct exits will be indicated at the end of each service based on seating assignments
Each of our members has the right to attend services based on the seating lottery. However, our Medical Advisory Committee does discourage members from attending who are over 65, and/or those who are immuno-compromised or have pre-existing medical conditions like diabetes or hypertension (to name a few). Ultimately, it is the choice of our members and if you are concerned, please consult with your physician.
Your safety remains our priority. When you enter the shul, you will notice the following:
- Toronto Police will be stationed inside and outside our building.
- They will be complemented by guards from our long time security company – Syncro Security – who will check bags and use a security wand on all those who enter without exception.
- Our Firemen are back for their 30th year and they will be responsible for all first aid, security support and “Command Central” in the main foyer.
- Adath Israel has invested significantly in a series of physical security tools including enhanced outdoor and indoor CCTV cameras, panic buttons, a brand new PA system and other security tools we do not divulge publicly.