With the High Holiday season approaching (Rosh Hashanah 2023 will begin in the evening of Friday, September 15), your Adath Israel clergy, staff & High Holiday Committee have been working diligently to create an engaging and immersive experience for our members.
The Main Sanctuary services will be available on Livestream.
This year, we are very excited to offer service as we offered before the pandemic. Read below for more details
High Holiday Service Offerings
- Traditional Services (Sanctuary): Led by our clergy (In-Person & Livestream)
- Family Services (Tobias/Granovsky): Led by Dr. Mark Weinstock (In-Person only)
- Prayer & Learn Service (Greenspoon): Led by Rabbi Jordan Bendat-Appell (In-Person only)
- Stroller Service (Chapel/Boardroom): Led by Tikka Smiley (In-Person only)
If you are planning to make an investment to the Israel Bonds campaign this year, please remember to bring your addressed tab ticket that was included in the Shofar package to shul on Kol Nidre. You can also make your purchase by visiting israelbonds.ca
Mahzor Lev Shalem
Adath Israel is pleased to announce that for the 2023 High Holidays, we will continue to use Mahzor Lev Shalem in addition to the Silverman High Holiday Prayer Book, a prayer book first published in the 1930’s and which is now out of print.
- Until Rosh Hashanah, Adath Israel is selling Mahzor Lev Shalem to MEMBERS ONLY for $45.
- While we highly encourage everyone to acquire Mahzor Lev Shalem for these High Holidays, please note that this year pages will be called from both machzorim (Click HERE for the parallel pages).
- For more information about Mahzor Lev Shalem, to see a sample section, and to purchase the book today, please click HERE.
High Holiday Schedule
- Please click HERE to view our High Holiday service schedule.
- Click HERE to follow the Mahzor for Kol Nidre
Tickets & High Holiday Guide
- To view our Information Guide please click HERE.
The synagogue office closes at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, September 15. For members who have paid their contribution and not picked up their High Holiday ticket packages by Friday, you may do so from the Security Command Desk when you come for services.
High Holiday Shofar
- Our quarterly Shofar is issued digitally throughout the remainder of the year. However, we are pleased to announce that we will be sending a hard copy of the High Holiday Shofar again this year. Look for your copy in early September to catch up on all the Adath Israel news.
Did you pay your annual contribution?
- A friendly reminder. Tickets will only be issued to members “in good standing” who have paid their annual contribution. If you have not yet done so, please contact:
- Perry Zosky, Financial Manager
- Phone: (416) 635-5340 (Ext 307)
- Email: email@example.com
High Holiday Updates:
- Please check this page regularly in the days and weeks leading up to Rosh Hashanah. We hope to see you soon at 37 Southbourne.