WHO ARE WE?
Adath Hebrew Academy is a unique and progressive supplementary school that empowers your children to create their own personal A-HA moments on their educational journey from JK to Grade 6. We educate our students in the spirit of Judaism – traditions & customs, circle of life, and B’nai Mitzvah preparation – so they will become:
• Confident Hebrew readers who are Bar/Bat Mitzvah ready
• Deeply connected to Jewish culture, history and Israel
• Comfortable participating in Shabbat & Holiday prayers
• Engaged with new Jewish friends
Click HERE for our program overview
MEET OUR NEW LEADERSHIP
Arin Otis is excited to join the Adath Hebrew Academy team for the 5784 (2023-2024) school year as Principal. Arin has 28 years in education, including the past 15 years as an administrator. Arin holds a Master’s Degree and his Principal and Supervisory Officer qualifications. Arin’s two university-aged children are proud graduates of the A-HA program, from a few short years ago.
Jaime Cohen is thrilled to be joining the Adath Hebrew Academy team as Vice Principal for the 5784 (2023-2024) school year. Jaime is an experienced York Region District School Board teacher who graduated High School from CHAT before doing her Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Education at Queens University.
Please click HERE or scroll to the bottom of this web page for registration details. Registration is now open for the 2023-24 school year. The school year starts October 15.
At Adath Hebrew Academy, we teach our students to become involved, committed, and engaged members of the Jewish community. Our staff is devoted to engaging children in hands-on experiential learning, inspiring them to embrace their faith and Jewish heritage.
The school term will begin on Sunday, October 15 for all grades from JK – Grade 6. Classes will run until May 12, 2024. The first Tuesday session for students in Grades 3 to 6 will be on October 17.
Please click HERE for our Annual Calendar for 2023-2024.
Please click HERE to view our Parent Handbook for 2022-2023. Watch for our handbook for 2023-2024.
DAYS & TIMES
- Sundays (Grades JK to 6): 9:30 am to 12:15 pm
- Tuesdays (Grades 3 to 6): 4:30 pm to 6:15 pm
At A-HA, we employ an Experiential Learning and Spiral Curriculum approach that provides students with the opportunity to develop enhanced principles, concepts, skills, and understanding as they progress through each grade. Our curriculum goals include:
- Educate our students in the spirit of Judaism – traditions, customs, circle of life and prepare them for their Bar/ Bat Mitzvah.
- Make connections to our students’ real-world life experiences through teaching the stories of the Torah and its significance in creating the foundation of Jewish traditions and values.
- Establish in our students a deep love for Judaism and connection to the Land of Israel.
Special Curriculum Features
- Experientially based activities and group work which foster relationship building amongst students
- Resource support
- Shinshinim (Click HERE)
- Grade 3 – Siddur Ceremony
- Grade 3-6 weekly prayers and get-togethers with our clergy
- Shabbat Morning Services and special Family Services
- Giving back to our community
Click HERE to view the 2022-2023 A-HA Curriculum by grade.
A-HA CONVENIENCE PROGRAM
We passionately believe in the merit of 2 day-a-week Hebrew School for students in Grades 3 to 6. We also understand the challenges of bringing your children to Bathurst and Wilson on Tuesday afternoons. So, we are committed to continuously expanding and improving our A-HA Convenience Program to make it easier for your family.
- Free walk-over service from Summit Heights (Tuesdays at 3:40 pm)
- Free supervised After-School Club (Tues: 3:45-4:30 pm)
- Parent-Led Carpool Program
- Tuesday Parent Drop-In Lounge. Parents are welcome to use our WiFi-enabled library and boardroom after drop-off and/or before pick-up to continue their workday, relax or schmooze while enjoying kosher snacks from our kitchen.
A-HA INCENTIVE PROGRAM
We know we need YOU to continue building our school! That is why we are continuing our incentive program, one that rewards new and returning families to ease the strain on your pocketbook.
Referral and First-Timer Program
- For returning families who refer a new student, we will reimburse $50/student from your tuition.
- For new families attending our Hebrew School for the first time, we will reimburse $50/new student from your tuition as our welcome gift.
For further questions about the A-HA incentive program, you may contact Ronly Doron, our Administrative Assistant, at the office. All contact details will be provided below.
2023-2024 FEE SCHEDULE & EARLY BIRD OFFER
To take a closer look at our FEE SCHEDULE, please click HERE to download a PDF version. Please note our payment options:
Early Bird 1 Offer – Pay in Full (Ends June 25):
- Register and PAY THE EARLY BIRD PRICE IN FULL by June 25.
- Qualify for Early Bird pricing and also receive a credit for $100 per child to use towards your next synagogue membership payment OR an additional $50 off school tuition.
Early Bird 2 Offer – Deposit Only:
- Register with a deposit of $150 (per student) by June 25 to hold your spot.
- See payment schedule below for Early Bird pricing.
Regular Payment Program:
- After June 25, a deposit of $150 is due upon registration.
- Installment payments must begin no later than September 1.
- Final payment is due by Nov 1.
UJA Community Scholarship
Adath Israel is partnering again with the UJA Federation to offer Financial support through UJA Community Scholarships:
- For more details about the program, please click HERE.
- Please contact the UJA at 416.635.2833 for details.
- Click HERE to apply confidentially through the UJA.
The refund policy for a student who withdraws from Adath Hebrew Academy prior to or during the 2023-2024 school year is outlined below. Or click HERE to review on our dedicated webpage.
|Deposit||Fully refundable until September 1|
|Until Sept. 11, 2023||A full refund of tuition payments less your $150 deposit|
|Sept 12 – Oct 2, 2023||Pay a $200 Administration Fee|
|From October 3+||No Refund|
2023-2024 REGISTRATION & PAYMENT DETAILS
Registration must be completed online for the 2022-2023 school year on our ShulCloud database. Please click HERE to begin
For questions about payment, please call Financial Manager, Perry Zosky at 416.635.5340 (307).
QUESTIONS & CONTACT DETAILS:
- Registration: Administrative Coordinator, Ronly Doron (firstname.lastname@example.org) Call 416.635.5340 (322)
- Payments: Senior Manager, Finance, Perry Zosky (email@example.com) Call 416.635.5340 (307)
- Other: Executive Director, Michael Cohen (firstname.lastname@example.org) Call 416.635.5340 (317)
JEWISH CONNECTIONS • JEWISH CULTURE • JEWISH CONTINUITY
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Is there any sibling discount for families sending more than one child to A-HA?
- No, discounts are not available for TWO siblings.
- If a third child is enrolled, we will meet with the family to coordinate fair savings for the third enrolled child.
The early bird offers include either $100 or $50 Adath Dollars. Is that an additional decrease from the early bird price listed on the fee schedules linked in the email?
- Early Bird 1 pricing is available for those who pay in full by June 25, for which you will also receive a $100 deduction on your next membership payment or on this year’s tuition fees.
- However because of the inflexibility of the ShulCloud payment system, we encourage anyone interested in an Early Bird offer to call Perry Zosky, Financial Manager at 416 635 5340 (307).
For the Early Bird Offer 2, do I have to pay the full rate?
- No, the Early Bird Offer2 was included so parents could reserve their child’s spot for just a $150 deposit, and by doing so, they receive the Early Bird tuition.
- Families do not have to start paying tuition fees until after June 25 and must begin no later than Sept. 1.
- Final payments are due by November 1st.
Is the $150 deposit refundable? Until when?
- Your deposit is refundable until September 1st. Click HERE for more details about the Refund Policy.
Does the deposit count toward the fees or is that in addition to the fees?
- Yes, the $150 deposit does count towards tuition. A reminder, if you are taking advantage of the Early Bird 1 offer, you must pay in full at the time of registration (and no later than June 25) and we encourage you to speak with Financial Manager, Perry Zosky to help you through the process.