2021-2022 REGISTRATION IS OPEN
To skip directly to the registration form, please click HERE
WHO ARE WE?
Adath Hebrew Academy is a unique and progressive supplementary school that empowers your children to create their own personal A-HA moments on their educational journey from JK to Grade 6 so they will become:
• Confident Hebrew readers who are Bar/Bat Mitzvah ready
• Deeply connected to Jewish culture, history and Israel
• Comfortable participating in Shabbat & Holiday prayers
• Engaged with new Jewish friends
Click HERE for our program overview
Using a 21st-century approach to education, at Adath Hebrew Academy, we teach our students to become involved, committed, and engaged members of the Jewish community.
Our staff is devoted to engaging children in hands-on experiential learning, inspiring them to embrace their faith and Jewish heritage.
COVID 19 UPDATE
Our goal is to begin in-person classes on Day 1 (October 17th). We are in ongoing contact with the shul’s Medical Advisory Committee, which includes Dr. Ronald Cohn, the President of the Hospital for Sick Children, to ensure that we are complying with all COVID protocols including those outlined by Toronto Public Health and the Province of Ontario.
We will continue to update our plans as schools begin to re-open and if remote learning is required, we know that we can easily pivot based on our experience last year. However, our goal is to begin classes on an in-person basis if the status of COVID allows. Please check here for ongoing updates.
At A-HA, we are using an Experiential Learning and Spiral Curriculum approach that provides students with the opportunity to develop enhanced principles, concepts, skills, and understanding as they progress through each grade. Our curriculum goals include:
- Educate our students in the spirit of Judaism – traditions, customs, circle of life and prepare them for their Bar/ Bat Mitzvah.
- Make connections to our students’ real-world life experiences through teaching the stories of the Torah and its significance in creating the foundation of Jewish traditions and values.
- Establish in our students a deep love for Judaism and connection to the Land of Israel.
Special Curriculum Features
- Resource support
- Grade 3 – Siddur Ceremony
- Grade 4-6 meetings with our clergy
- Shabbat Morning Services and a special Family Services
- Giving back to our community – volunteer opportunities
Click HERE to view the 2021-2022 A-HA Curriculum by grade.
Under the guidance of Education Chair, Mr. Ashley Waltman (Former Principal of North Toronto Collegiate and Robbins Hebrew Academy), our incumbent principal, Dr. Jack Lipinsky, has led a strong team of educators through a progressive and evolving curriculum over the past five years. Doc, as he is known in the Jewish Day School community, will be retiring in June.
We are very pleased to announce the hiring of our new principal, Ms. Avivit Yoffe. Ms. Yoffe is the former principal of Beit Rayim Supplementary School, the GTA’s largest, and we are excited she will be able to join the current staff and students for the last two months of the school year in an observational role as she preps for October, 2021.
A-HA CONVENIENCE PROGRAM (TUESDAY AFTERNOONS)
Once COVID is behind us and we know when our students will physically return to the classroom, we will re-implement our popular and free Convenience Program:
- Summit Heights Tuesday Walkover Service (All Grade 3-6 Summit Heights students enrolled at Adath will be met by an official Adath chaperone and walked as a group to our building).
- After-School Tuesday Club: All Grade 3-6 students are welcome to join our chaperone in Greenspoon Hall to relax, have a snack, schmooze or get some homework out of the way from 3:30 to 4:30 on Tuesday afternoons before classes begin
- Parent-Led Carpool Program
Stay tuned for more details as we approach the new school year.
A-HA INCENTIVE PROGRAM
We are pleased to continue offering the A-HA Incentive Program
- For RETURNING families who refer a new student, we will provide $100/student in Adath Dollars to use against your tuition, membership or Adath programs.
- For NEW families attending our Hebrew school for the first time, we will provide $50/new student to use against your tuition, membership or Adath programs.
UJA SCHOLARSHIP SUPPORT
- For those who are interested in exploring scholarship support from the UJA:
CURRICULUM: Click HERE
FEE SCHEDULE: Click HERE
REFUND POLICY: Click HERE
2021-2022 REGISTRATION DETAILS
Registration must be completed online for the 2021-2022 school year on our ShulCloud database. Please click the appropriate registration link below:
A. 2020-21 Returning Students Only
- Log in to your ShulCloud account and scroll down to the School Enrolment “tile” on your account page.
- OR copy and paste this link to register: https://adathisraeltoronto.shulcloud.com/school_enrollment.php
B. ALL OTHER STUDENTS (including students previously enrolled in 2019-20 or prior)
If your child was NOT enrolled at A-HA in 2020-21, please follow the instructions below:
- An INTAKE FORM is required before you register. Please click HERE to complete the Intake Form.
- Once you complete the Intake Form, our office will contact you to finalize registration on ShulCLoud.
QUESTIONS and CONTACT INFORMATION:
- Please contact Administrative Coordinator, Ronly Doron (email@example.com) as the first point of contact.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Please follow us on social media and share with your network of friends and family. Click the icons below to open each link to our social media pages.
JEWISH CONNECTIONS • JEWISH CULTURE • JEWISH CONTINUITY