ADATH ISRAEL JOB POSTING: MANAGER, LIFECYCLE EVENTS
Adath Israel Congregation (AIC) was founded in 1902 in downtown Toronto and has occupied its current home at Bathurst and Wilson since 1958. As one of North America’s largest Conservative Shuls, Adath Israel is led by a dynamic clergy team under the guidance of our new Senior Rabbi, Adam Cutler, as well as a dedicated office team which oversees administration of the Shul.
As we begin the next phase of our re-organization, we have created an exciting manager’s role which requires strong interpersonal skills, a solid “EQ” and excellent attention to detail. The role of Manager, Lifecycle Events encompasses three core functions:
- Oversight of all on-site events and meetings
- Management of our cemetery properties and bereavement processes
- Donations management – intake and communication.
- Event & Meeting Management
- Inside support for all business development initiatives which serve to bring events and meetings INTO our Shul (Eg. Wedding, B’nai Mitzvah, Baby Naming, Aufruf and corporate meetings).
- Acting in the capacity of AIC’s in-house concierge, roll-out our new customer service model focusing on fully turnkey solutions, serving as our client’s in-house liaison:
- Meet with and ‘sell’ prospective clients on using Adath Israel as their preferred one-stop venue for events and catering.
- Collaborate with families and event planners to create a fully customized solution – guest by guest, event-by-event.
- Manage the booking process including client meetings, facility tours, clergy introductions, third party vendor meetings (Eg. Catering, Event Planners), contract development and billing followed by post-mortem analyses as part of our continuous improvement process.
2. Scheduling Administration
- As the master scheduler, ensure all meetings and events are booked.
- Work closely with our in-house and contracted caterers to confirm all food orders
3. Cemetery Management
This manager will assume a vital role at Adath Israel supporting our three cemetery properties:
- Manage Adath Israel’s cemetery program including plot reservations and payments
- Oversee maintenance and upkeep of our cemetery locations
- Act as primary liaison with funeral homes and cemetery upon passing of a member
- Lead bereavement communication process including notices and condolence letters
4. Donations Management
- Oversee the donation intake process
- Support the set-up of AIC’s new online donation management system
- Work closely with Finance to manage donation records.
5. Seasonal and Other Duties as assigned
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Above all, you are a true mensch, a great person who is patient, warm and fun to be around.
- You have earned a post-secondary degree and ideally, you’ve worked in the Jewish community, preferably in a client-facing role.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an unwavering customer-centric attitude
- Solid communication skills – written and oral.
- Innovative Problem Solver: You demonstrate an out-of-the-box creative mindset
- Genuine team player. Daily collaboration with multiple stakeholders is the norm.
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Comfort with adapting to new technology (we will be actively searching for automation software to support your role)
- Solid degree of literacy in MS Office suite including Powerpoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Social Media aptitude
If you wish to apply for this role, please send your cover letter and resume to Phil David, Executive Director, Adath Israel at firstname.lastname@example.org